Sunday, January 27, 2008

10 things Vista Should have done

1) Ok lets just admit that Windows did copy some of the features in Mac OS X. That would be ok if they threw in some more of their own features that we can actually use. I mean that scrolling window button may look cool, but if you have to pay to get it (buy something higher then windows home basic) then it's not worth it. And it actually is pointless because it takes me more time to find that button then to look down at the start bar and just hit the tab.

2)They should have given us what they promised, Windows code name Longhorn was to be the ultimate OS. Do you all Remember this?
(continued) Longhorn was supposed to be crammed with cool features. That telephone thing, what happened to that. That cool picture software? And what about "Simply the greatest version of Windows we've ever built." What Happened to that?

3) Given it to us 5 years ago. I know this is similar to number 2, but didn't they say that this would come out in 2003. It even says this in the video above (2:36). Personally if they came out with something close to Longhorn in 2003 they would probably have secured their spot at the top of the PC market for a few more years.

4) Make sure computers are actually ready to take on this huge OS. That's Something apple dose really well. When they release a new OS, they make it compatible with older model Macs. 

5) Have one full and complete version of vista. Mac Leopard has one version. You do not need to sacrifice the ability's of your OS because of your budget. (See Video Below)
6)THE PRICE IS NOT RIGHT! Vista is way too expensive for what your getting. It is not worth the price. And even if you buy it you probably would have to update your machine for it to even run properly.

7)Make it more personal... I like my computer to be all about me, beyond my desktop and my screen saver. Mac has free software that is included with your mac, like Ilife. Windows Movie Maker sucks. But Final Cut is perfect for editing your home movies. The Software is all interconnected on a Mac. It makes it so much easier to wright an email, check your schedule, or find a phone number.

8)Enhance the Desktop, Ok the sidebar was a nice touch, but I want something more to put my frequently used icons and files on my desktop. Without cluttering it up. Leopard stacks is such a brilliant idea. Windows is behind the ball when it comes to user interface.

9)Ready out of the Box. I hate it when I have to Install Drivers on my PC. Or even install the OS itself. Make it ready when I need it.

10)Automatic Maintenance. I don't want to manually defrag my hard drive of back up my files. Make it easy to set times for it to do it by itself.

Hopefully the next version of windows it more of a hit. Until then, I'm gonna buy a Mac.

No comments: